Saturday, January 17, 2009

Economic Realities

...

(I'm procrastinating packing for this camping trip. I am dreading it. We are due to leave in 25 minutes. I'm not ready yet. I do not want to go, I do not want to go, I do not want to go...)

Found this article. Not sure why everything I google returns with a reference from 2005 or 2006. Am I seriously three years behind the times? What are people worried about in early 2009? Why aren't any good references to "paying off law school debt" from more recent times?

The ultimate sticking point: to get as far away from student loan debt as possible. To avoid it like the plague it is. What makes THAT so attractive, all that debt? Who says there's prestige in THAT? Selling our futures for what? For respect? For prestige? This is what I struggle with.

No comments: